Here at Rose-Hip Vital HQ we love a fresh green smoothie. They are a fantastic way to kick start your day, a nutritious snack post-exercise and make a healthy meal for on-the-go. Not only is a smoothie quick and easy to whizz up, it is also the perfect way to pack in large amounts of leafy greens, other vegetables and fruit into your diet. But what are the benefits? Below we share some of the many health benefits of green smoothies, as well as our favourite recipe and a few links to other great mixes!
Why are green smoothies so good for you?
- Green smoothies are very nutritious. The amount of vitamins youll get depends on the fruits and vegetables you choose for the smoothie. However, most fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins A and C. Green smoothies are packed with anti-oxidants, essential minerals and vitamins.
- Green smoothies, as opposed to fruit and vegetable juices, are much healthier. They are made using the whole fruit or vegetable, so you get all the fiber which is important for our elimination system.
- They are a great way to consume your recommend serving of veggies without even realizing it! Many of us struggle to get our daily requirement of vegetables but green smoothies make it super easy. Combined with the taste of the fruit, you will hardly notice that you are drinking greens at all.
- Green smoothies are a natural energy booster.
- They are the healthiest fast food around. Green smoothies are low in calories but still filling. As they contain high amounts of water and fiber, theyll make you feel as if you just ate a full meal. Taking less than 5 minutes to make, they are the perfect meal for those who are time poor.
Green smoothies are also incredibly easy to make! All you need is a blender (we love the power of a Vitamix!) and a selection of fruit and veggies to get going. Add some chia seeds or protein powder to make it more of a meal.
Below is one of our favourite recipes in which we throw in our daily scoop of Rose-Hip Vital with GOPO
What you need:
- 500ml of Coconut water
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- Kale Leaves
- 1 peeled orange
- A banana or apple for sweetness (optional)
- Ice cubes
- 1 scoop of Rose-Hip Vital Powder
Add all ingredients into a blender and enjoy!